Paternity (Including Pre-Birth)
We provide accurate, reliable DNA testing services for paternity issues. We use American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) certified laboratories for our DNA analysis. Only trained, certified professionals collect and handle specimens. Our court-admissible testing services are viable to use in hearings and judicial matters.
Paternity Testing Facts
- In 2010, 24.87% of men tested for paternity were proved not to be the father, according to the AABB 2010 annual report.
- Paternity testing often involves a cheek swab, which is non-invasive.
- If parents are unwed, a child may not have a legal father until paternity is established.
- Hair, toothbrushes and fingernail clippings can all be used for a paternity test.
- Grandparents, aunts and uncles are able to be tested if a parent is unavailable.
Pre-birth Paternity Testing
Pregnant mothers unsure of the paternity of an unborn baby have a safe option for determining a father. Instead of undergoing an amniocentesis or Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) test , a non-invasive test with no risk of miscarriage is possible because fetal DNA is present in a blood sample from the pregnant mother. Pre-birth DNA testing can be performed as early as eight weeks into the pregnancy with an accuracy over 99%.
The mother’s blood, containing the DNA, will compare with the alleged father’s DNA, obtained from a buccal (cheek) swab, to determine paternity. Pre-birth DNA testing is highly accurate and safe.
Contact your local ARCpoint Labs of Sikeston to schedule a no cost, no obligation consultation with a DNA specialist that will answer all of your questions and be able to assist you further.